Terms & Conditions
Balrath Courtyard, Balrath, Navan, County Meath, Ireland
- Deposit – A booking for a holiday becomes firm when:
a)A deposit of 25% of the holiday cost (to the nearest Euro) is received and
- b) A completed booking form is received by us. Up to that time it is a provisional booking. Provisional bookings are held for a maximum of 7 days. Remittances must be made in Euros.
- VAT – The holiday price includes Value Added Tax at nine percent. If rates of VAT change, we reserve the right to amend prices accordingly.
- Final Payment – The full balance of the total holiday cost is payable not later than four weeks before the holiday begins. A reminder email will be sent to you 28 days before your arrival date. If the full balance is not paid on time we reserve the right to cancel the holiday, in which case the deposit will be forfeited.
- Cancellation charges – If you have to cancel your holiday for whatever reason, we will do our best to re-let the cancelled booking and refund your rental in full less an administration charge of €75.00. If however we do not succeed we reserve the right to make a cancellation charge under the following structure;
- 8 weeks–deposit is non-refundable
• 24 hours before booking – full payment is non-refundable
- A minimum cancellation charge of €75.00 applies. Cancellation must be notified by telephone as soon as possible and followed by written confirmation.
- Our Right to Refuse – We reserve the right to refuse any booking and, in exceptional circumstances, to cancel, modify or alter arrangements made for the Visitor. If a booking had to be cancelled, modified or altered by us we will make every effort to offer an alternative holiday. If the Visitor does not accept the alternative holiday offered, we will return to him/her any monies paid whereupon our liability will cease.
- Change of Booking – There will be a fee of €30.00 for any transferred booking, and bookings may not be transferred within one month prior to the Visitor’s holiday. A transferred booking is from one cottage to another or from one date to another. If the transfer also involves reducing the length of holiday e.g. from two weeks to one week, it will be regarded as a cancellation and will fall under our Holiday Cancellation Conditions.
- Visitor Accommodation Limitation – Accommodation at all times is limited to the number of persons for whom the booking is made, and the maximum number in each cottage must not exceed that stated in the brochure.
- Joint bookings – Where two parties join forces to take a holiday cottage, the booking should be made in one name only – that person (the Visitor) to be responsible for all payments and any damage.
- Loss of Visitor Property – We cannot be held responsible for loss or damage to any belongings, or for injury sustained by the Visitor or members of his/her party during their stay at the holiday property. We exclude liability for loss or damage to any belongings, or for injury Sustained to the Visitor or member of his/her party during their stay at the holiday property.
- Right of Entry – We and our agents reserve the right to enter any cottage at any reasonable time on reasonable cause.
- Visitor Obligations – The Visitor undertakes to keep the premises and all furniture fixtures and effects in the same state of repair and condition as at the commencement of the booking period (reasonable wear and tear excepted) and shall pay to us the value of any part of the premises furniture, fixtures, fittings and effects so destroyed or damaged. Breakages and damage should be reported as soon as possible.
- Property Cleanliness – The Visitor and members of his/her party are asked to leave the accommodation clean and tidy. We reserve the right to make a charge for extra cleaning if the accommodation is not left in a satisfactory condition.
- Family Occupation – The accommodation is designed for family use, not for youth groups or student parties. Sleeping in tents or motor vehicles adjacent to the accommodation is not permitted.
- Advance Bookings – Most cottages can be booked at least a year in advance. It is advisable to book early to avoid disappointment, particularly over school holiday periods.
- Access – The cottages have a car park for guests only and visitors are requested to park in the car park at all times except when unloading or loading cases etc. on arrival or departure.
- Bicycles – If you bring a bicycle/s on holiday, please do not take them into the cottage.
- Complaints – Every care is taken to ensure that our cottages are presented to visitors to a high standard. Should you find on arrival that there is a problem, or cause for complaint, please let us know immediately. Every effort will then be made to assist you. It is frustrating for all parties if you write after your holiday and tell us about a problem that could have been solved had we known at the time. We value every booking and want all visitors to enjoy their holidays and to return to Balrath Courtyard.